ESD Static Control Tile
We Invented It, And We’re Still the Leader Today
Prior to 1949, hospital operating rooms faced a constant threat of “static sparking” explosions caused by static electricity and the presence of oxygen and highly flammable anesthetic gasses. That year, VPI introduced the first flooring specifically designed to dissipate static electrical charges in extremely low-humidity environments.
Today static sparking is still a threat in hospitals and VPI Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) control tile is still the best and most trusted solution. VPI static control floors eliminate or reduce the amount of static electricity in an environment by “channeling” the static electricity away through the floor.
In addition to STATMATE™, the original static dissipative tile, we also offer CONDUCTILE®, an anti-static conductive tile that can eliminate static electricity twenty times faster than conventional static dissipative tiles.
More than 60 years after its introduction VPI static control tile remains the most specified flooring of its kind.
The Quality Standard for Health Care, Electronics Assembly, Clean Rooms
VPI’s ESD Static Control Flooring is made for applications that require electrostatic discharge protection and/or low outgassing. In addition to health care, a key industry is electronics, where equipment and components can be damaged or impacted by static discharge nearly imperceptible to humans. In today’s high-tech world, smaller and faster electronic systems are more susceptible to damage caused by static electricity and thus require much greater protection.
VPI utilizes the best raw materials, processes and manufacturing techniques and employs the best people and most stringent quality control processes. Every static control tile is tested before it leaves the factory.
Proudly made in the USA, VPI static control tiles emit zero detectable VOC’s and can contribute to several LEED credits.
Certified to Last a Lifetime.
VPI tiles come with the longest warranty in the resilient flooring industry. VPI Static Control Tile installed over 60 years ago still performs to the same specifications as the day it was installed.
- Retains its conductive and dissipative properties indefinitely.
- Meets or exceeds all federal, ASTM and ESD Association specifications for electrical resistance
- A lifetime of abrasive resistance to chipping and marring, unlike other products with lower resin content
- Extreme resistance to many chemicals including betadine, acids, strong alkalis, alcohols, aliphatic solvents and a variety of organic and synthetic fats
- So great looking that many customers choose our tiles when they don’t need static control— just a great-looking floor that lasts a lifetime and requires very little maintenance